Arbor Material Handling is seeking qualified candidates for a Warehouse Support Associate position in our Willow Grove, PA facility. In this role, you will be working with our team of shop technicians in house to provide general warehouse support that includes shipping and receiving, verifying customer orders, moving forklifts on the premises, performing some basic maintenance tasks on forklift batteries and performing basic forklift inspections for quality assurance and/or damage evaluations.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Load and unload forklifts onto delivery trucks
- Pull and stage customer forklifts the day prior to shipment
- Check customer forklift orders against shipping paperwork
- Transfer and store items in warehouse using a forklift
- Perform basic industrial battery maintenance (charging, watering, cleaning, testing)
- Perform basic forklift inspections for quality assurance and to identify customer damage
- Ensure cleanliness of all aisles, passageways and work areas in the warehouse
- Other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic shipping and receiving tasks such as packing, labeling, receiving documents, contacting shipping providers
- Knowledge of warehouse organization and materials management, aisle and work area markings, safety measures
- Understanding of basic mechanical operations relating to warehouse equipment – forklifts, loading dock, automatic doors, shelving, inventory bins, etc.
- Basic computer skills which include use of Microsoft Outlook email, web applications and/or inventory systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability and aptitude to learn company systems and applications relating to work tasks (specific systems training will be provided)
- Ability to remain focused while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain flexibility while working as part of a team
- Flexibility and mobility sufficient to walk and/or stand on a continual basis, to stoop or reach 3 feet above the head and 3 feet laterally, and to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50 lbs. and above as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a material handling environment
- Experience operating forklifts strongly desired
- Experience working with lift truck batteries highly desirable
- Basic computer knowledge required; training on job-related applications will be provided
- Clean driving record; MVR report will be required for employment
- Arbor Materialhandliing, Inc. is a drug-free workplace; employment is contingent on passing pre-employment drug screening performed at Arbor's expense.
- Company Uniform provided
- Competitive starting wage
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Company-paid Life and Disability insurances
- Paid sick/vacation days (accrued with tenure)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
ABOUT ARBOR MATERIAL HANDLING INC.