We are currently seeking a customer-focused individual to add to the Dock and Door Field Service team. In this role you will be undertaking duties that include pre-start checks, planned maintenance, and breakdown repair on our customers’ dock and door equipment.
This position requires mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic skills that are typically performed while working in the automotive industry, and computer skills necessary to report daily activities, work hours and communicate with management on the company-supplied computer.
Are you mechanically, electrically, and technically inclined? You’ll enjoy a career that offers independence within your territory doing exactly what you love doing-fixing things. We are currently seeking a customer-focused individual to add to the Dock and Door Field Service team. In this role you will be undertaking duties that include pre-start checks, planned maintenance, and breakdown repair on our customers’ dock and door equipment.
- Performs necessary installation, repair and service all sizes and brands of overhead doors, rolling doors and door openers using best safety practices
- Performs necessary installation, repair and service to mechanical doors, gates, sliding doors, high speed doors and dock equipment using best safety practices
- Performs necessary repairs and/or modifications to correct or change analyzed situation in a productive manner
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted customers according to Arbor Material Handling, Inc., Scheduled Maintenance policy and procedures
- Prepares necessary documentation relating to each service call in a neat and accurate manner
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is disposed of properly
- Ability and willingness to work at heights and within confined spaces.
- Maintains parts and supplies inventory in service truck
- Maintains service truck to ensure that it is clean, organized and hazard free inside and out
- Assure that regular maintenance is performed on service truck (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs are performed
- Performs related work as assigned
- Run low voltage wiring and on occasion, hard wire commercial operators or dock equipment to junction boxes
- Responsible for having a valid driver’s license and maintaining a clean motor vehicle record per company policy
- Responsible for keeping company issued tools clean and well maintained
- Responsible for following customer’s safety and housekeeping guidelines when performing repairs at customer site
- Ability and willingness to complete work orders using an iPad
- Ability and willingness to work on a rotating emergency on-call schedule 24/7 for one week
- Ability and willingness to work at heights of up to 40’ with proper use of safety equipment
- High school education, plus one to three years of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic experience in a similar environment or equivalent in a college or vocational education
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean motor vehicle record plus the ability to drive multiple hours daily
- Ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Ability to read and understand the necessary service and training manuals
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability to make recommendations based on customer need
- Ability to effectively utilize volt, ohm, multi-meters, and oscilloscope
- Ability to use stick welder for installation and repair of dock and door equipment
- Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, presses, forklifts, hoists, overhead cranes, and personal hand tools
- Such other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties
- Familiarity with PC (laptop/iPad) applications to diagnose equipment issues
- Routinely lifting 20 pounds and rarely up to 150 pounds with aid of a coworker
- Routinely working at heights up to 40’
- Extensive walking up to 3-5 miles/day
- Extensive driving up to 2-3 hours/day
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping, grasping and pulling
- Working in awkward positions on a routine basis
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet, dirty conditions
- Experience-based starting wage
- Extensive ongoing training
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Paid life insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrued with tenure)
ABOUT ARBOR MATERIAL HANDLING INC.